Dr. Brenda Tapp ND will discuss:
- Ticks: where they live, how to identify them
- how to protect yourself from a bite
- other means of transmission of Lyme disease
- what to do when you have a bite
- how to remove a tick
- the symptoms of acute Lyme disease and chronic Lyme disease
- co-infections that can be passed with Borrelia burgdorferi bacteria
- testing available for Lyme disease and
- treatment options, both pharmaceutical and naturopathic
Dr. Brenda Tapp ND is a naturopathic doctor and Clinic Director of the Peterborough Centre of Naturopathic Medicine. While Dr. Tapp's primary focus is cancer, she also treats such complex chronic health conditions as chronic Lyme disease.
Dr. Tapp has completed two medical brigades, one to Haiti and one to Nicaragua. She has won several local business awards including the 4-Under-40 business excellence award, twice. Dr. Tapp is a member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
The entrance fee of $5.00 per person, a donation or sponsorship helps cover costs. Children are free. For more information contact Ray Wellman at (613) 848-7697, infohastingsstewardship.ca or hastingsstewardship.ca