This two-day Chain Saw Certificate course provides successful students with a Professional Chainsaw Certificate for Non-loggers or Loggers - Good for your lifetime.It is suited for anyone using a chainsaw to work in the Logging Industry, you will need an additional $30.00 foryour Loggers training. Pay this directly to the instructor. He will explain the loggers process in detail.There is NO skidder training. This can be arranged if there is enough interest. Let us know.
- During the two-days expect to:
- Sharpen, iInspect, maintain and operate chainsaw.
- Learn and understand how to fall and limb timber under a variety of conditions.
- Recognize, identify and initiate appropriate action in hazardous situations.
What to BringDAY ONE - In class:A Working CHAINSAW and ALL tools/ items needed to maintain your saw.(wrenches, cloth, toothbrushes,screwdrivers, gauges, chain etc.)REMEMBER to empty the fuel tank.DAY TWO - In the bush:You will operate your saw and build skill through hands-on practice and discussion.You MUST be wearing ALL REQUIRED Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to operate your saw - The instructor will look for:
- Clothing that fits well such as: Hi Vis, appropriate for the weather & time of year.
- Steel Toe safety boots - high tops preferred.
- Chainsaw safety pants or chaps (instructor can provide).
- Certified chainsaw hard hat with face shield & ear protection or a certified hard hat, ear protection and safety glasses / goggles with side shields.
Offered through the Bancroft Campus of Loyalist College - Classes scheduled in Bancroft & Belleville. Call 613-332-1743 x 0Classes are in Belleville on February 22 -23, Bancroft on March 21-22 and April 04-05. Questions?Call Maureen Kelly(613)332-1743, ext 240mkellyloyalistcollege.com