Ten Chances Farm
5:00 pm-8:00 pm
8:00 am-12:00 pm
Ten Chances Farm is a small certified organic vegetable farm, growing over 40 varieties of vegetables. We produce mainly for members of our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program. Our organic certification is with Pro-Cert Organic Systems Ltd.
Members pay in advance and share in the harvest for 16 weeks from mid-June through to mid-October. Every week during that 16 week season we deliver a box full of freshly harvested organic produce to a central drop off location. For more information on CSA, please see my website.
This is the list of vegetables and herbs planned for the CSA boxes.
- greens: mixed cut lettuce, leaf lettuce, arugula, tatsoi, baby beet greens
- broccoli raab
- broccoli - calabrese
- fresh beans - green, yellow, purple
- beets - detroit red, chioggia, yellow
- brussels sprouts
- cabbage: red and green
- swiss chard: red and bright lights
- garlic scapes
- onions and scallions
- peppers: hot and sweet
- radishes: spring and fall/winter
- salad turnips
- zucchini: romanesco, golden
- patty pan: bennings tint, yellow
- black futsu
- sweet reba
- tomatoes: approximately 15 varieties
- cherry tomatoes: approximatey 5 varieties
In addition to growing vegetables, we can do custom work in preparing your garden. Our walking tractor is transportable and easily turns your sod and incorporates it into the soil making it ready for planting in one process.