Harvest Hastings is looking for someone to join the team! If you are someone with a passion for supporting local food and products in Hastings County, this might be the right opportunity for you. Familiarity with agricultural community in Hastings County is an asset.
Role: Harvest Hastings Part-Time Operations Manager
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours per month, $30 per hour
Location: Work from home (preference given to individuals residing in Hastings County – access to transportation is a must)
Submission Deadline: Send resume and cover to Board of Directors Chair, Jennifer Davis ([email protected]) by 11:59 PM October 16th
Start Date: October 31st (or sooner, if possible)
About Harvest Hastings:
Harvest Hastings is all about celebrating the wonderful area where we live. It all began in 2008 with the promotion of local food and products while connecting people with the producers. Hastings County is our lead partner and has supported us from the beginning. The Province of Ontario helped us set up the original website together with grants from the Hastings Federation of Agriculture, the City of Belleville, the City of Quinte West’s Agricultural Advisory Committee and Community Futures for North and Central Hastings and Algonquin. In 2014 we partnered with the Bancroft and Area Forest Industry Association and Bancroft Area Stewardship Council to develop the Local Wood Initiative. This expanded our mandate to also promote sustainable living through the careful use of natural resources, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and saving energy.
About the role:
The underlying focus of this job and the organization of Harvest Hastings is continually seeking opportunities to bring value forward for our members and producers.
It is expected that hours may increase from time to time as special projects are undertaken. When this happens, it will be with the mutual agreement of the Board of Directors and the person hired as part-time operations manager. This position reports directly to the Harvest Hastings Board of Directors.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Social Platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Ability to deliver creative, branded content (writing post copy, digital asset creation, etc.)
- Familiarity with Google Workspace an asset
- An interest in representing Harvest Hastings at in-person community events
- Working knowledge of WordPress (or other CMS) is an asset
- Experience with graphic design tools (Canva, Adobe, etc.) is an asset
Components of job will include:
- Manage planning, implementing, and monitoring of all Harvest Hastings social channels
- Answer emails and social media messages as required
- Communicate with Harvest Hastings members & producers as needed and directed by board of directors
- Co-ordinate with web developer as needed to keep Harvest Hastings website up to date
- Prepare/send newsletter using MailChimp and website
- Prepare report for Board of Directors
- Once a month attendance at Harvest Hastings Board meeting. These hours will be paid above and beyond the regular 40 hours/month.
- Recruit and manage membership fees
- Special Events for which more hours would be negotiated:
- Webinars for producers and consumers
- Magazine preparation: working with Tweed News
- Finding and applying for grant
- Other community events as they occur
Harvest Hastings is an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, members, and producers.