We’d like to take this opportunity to give thanks!
We acknowledge and honour the land on which we reside and occupy as part of the traditional territories of the Huron-Wendat, Haudenosaunee and the Anishinaabe people. We acknowledge our obligation to respect, honour, and sustain these lands and the natural resources contained within.
Today is the last day of Ontario Agriculture Week, so we thank the many farmers of Hastings County for their hard work and exceptional products. We hope you have been able to add local ingredients to your special dinners this week, and every week. We wish you an abundance of laughter, delicious food and quality time spent with family, friends and your community.
What’s new at Harvest Hastings?
- Incorporation: Harvest Hastings is now incorporated! This will allow us to access new funding opportunities!
- Focus on the North: For the month of October, we continue to highlight producers in North Hastings. We hope to encourage more membership in the region and draw attention to the great work and wonderful products available north of Highway 7!
- Food Security: As part of our long-term vision, we are fostering partnerships with local community organizations such as the Community Development Council of Quinte and the North Hastings Community Trust. We want to share the important work they are doing to address food insecurity in Hastings County and advocate for everyone to have access to an adequate supply of safe, affordable and nutritious food without social or economic barriers.
- Selling Food to Ontario: Save the date! On Wednesday, February 16, 2022, Harvest Hastings will be a proud regional host for a half-day of workshops organized by OMAFRA. More details to come!
- Annual General Meeting: We are already getting excited for our AGM in 2022. We will be looking for new board members to join our dedicated team and can’t wait to connect with new and familiar faces!
We’ll be at the Holiday Market in the Village in Stirling on Friday, November 12 from 4 to 8 p.m.!
Applications for vendors are open — they are looking for artisans, makers, creators, and producers to help showcase the wonderful talent of our community.
Apply by October 15 at this link.