Ontario Garlic Week!
There is a bounty of garlic available in Hastings County and it’s not too late to plant! You can find tips on best growing practices by speaking with local growers or checking out this article from the Toronto Garlic Festival. Several Harvest Hastings members have multiple varieties of garlic available for planting and eating, including:
- Knuckle Down Farm (Stirling)
- Marsh Hill Farm (Stirling)
- Our Neighbours’ Farm (Thomasburg)
- Railway Creek Farm (Madoc)
- Roslin Gardens (Shannonville)
- Willow Creek Farms (Frankford)
Did we miss you on this list? Make sure your Harvest Hastings profile is updated and includes “garlic” as one of your crops so that consumers can find you more easily! If you need assistance updating your profile, email Karen at [email protected] and get registered on the Ontario Garlic Map!
How will you celebrate Ontario Garlic Week? Here’s a collection of garlicky recipes from Ontario chefs, plus a Roasted Garlic Soup recipe from Foodland Ontario to boost your immune system this fall!
Do you know someone who is thinking about a career in agriculture or forestry?
The Centre for Workforce Development is hosting a Career Exploration Day in the Agriculture and Forestry industries. Hear from local employers about the excellent career opportunities in both industries. The exciting day includes virtual tours including a lumber mill in Bancroft.
Register at this link.
Other Virtual Learning Opportunities
- Solutions for Food and Farming Futures: Mark your calendar for this great online learning opportunity on November 17 by the Fair Finance Fund!
- Cultivating Common Ground: Early bird registration is now open for this virtual conference by the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario that runs from November 29 to December 2. This year’s theme “reflects EFAO’s efforts over the past year to broaden the network of farmers and organizations we work with, and to bring equity and diversity to EFAO as an organization, membership, and community.”
- Selling Food to Ontario: Save the date! On Wednesday, February 16, 2022, Harvest Hastings will be a proud regional host for a half-day of workshops organized by OMAFRA. More details to come!
|Please let us know about upcoming events related to agriculture and forestry in your area |
so we can share with our members! Email [email protected]