Markets, agricultural fairs, harvests, and more! It’s been a busy weekend in Hastings County with events such as the Tweed Stampede, the Quinte Exhibition, the Charity Tractor and Truck Pull at Haanover View Farms, and the Marmora Fall Fair — what’s been your favourite? There’s still more to come next weekend and later this month!
- The Mohawk Agricultural Fair happens this weekend from September 9 & 10 in Tyendinaga
- Stone Soup at Plainfield Heritage Farm is on Saturday, September 10 from 1 to 4 pm — we’ve selected five farmers and five community organizations to present their ideas for a local food initiative — join us and vote for your favourite to help them win the “pot” which will be made up of 100% of the $10 admission fee
- Old-Fashioned Corn Roast at Farmtown Park in Stirling on Sunday, September 11 from 11:30 am to 2 pm, where you can also check out their display of beautiful quilts in Heritage Village!
- Taste of Tweed is on Sunday, September 11 starting at 11 am — this culinary event also has a harvest market and live music
- The 115th Madoc Fair happens September 16-18th
- The Light Up Marmora Scarecrow Festival happens on September 24 from 10 am to 4 pm
- The Tweed Harvest Festival runs from September 23 – 25
- Ontario Garlic Week is from September 23 to October 2 — how will you celebrate garlic this year?
We hope to see you at one of these fantastic events that celebrate agriculture in Hastings County!
Harvest Hastings members in the news!Potter Settlement Artisan Wines was featured on CBC this week in this article: “This Tweed, Ont., winery is winning awards for ‘incredibly smooth’ port discovered 170 years ago”
Plainfield Heritage Farm has been featured a few times in the news this summer — both for the Stone Soup event and also for promoting women in the trades: Quest for all-female roofing crew draws tradeswomen from across Canada | CBC News
Do you have news or an event to share? Email us at [email protected]