’tis the Season to Shop Locally!
Although many farmers’ markets have wound down for the season, there are still so many opportunities to see some of your favourite producers and find unique holiday gifts for whatever you are celebrating! Here are some ongoing and upcoming holiday markets to watch for:
- Heart of Hastings Christmas Tour — November 5, 6, 7 and 12, 13, 14
- Marmora Christmas Market — November 5, 6, 7 and 12, 13, 14
- Tweed’s One of a Kind Christmas Market at Frost House — November 5 to December 24
- Holiday Market in the Village — November 12
- Deseronto Waterside Market — November 13 and December 4 & 5
- Maynooth Farmers’ Market Christmas Shows — November 27, December 4 and December 11
And of course, the Belleville Farmers’ Market and Front Street Farmers’ Market in Trenton continue to run all year! Thanks to Hasting County for putting together this list for us! Do you have an upcoming holiday market you’d like us to share? Email [email protected] to let us know!
Looking for fresh greenery to adorn your home or business?
You can find it locally in Hastings County! Check out these Harvest Hastings members who sell planters, arrangements, greenery and Christmas trees:
- Prosperity Acres (Corbyville)
- Dahlia May Flower Farm (Frankford)
- Philburn Farm (Belleville)
- Mary’s Mission (Bancroft)
- Molloy’s Trees and Books (Stirling)
Did we miss you on this list? Make sure your Harvest Hastings profile is updated so that consumers can find you more easily! If you need assistance updating your profile, email Karen at [email protected]
- Ontario Federation of Agriculture’s Annual Meeting: This year, the Virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM) is slated for Monday, November 22 with a focus on Connecting with Ontarians. The theme highlights the importance of relationship-building with customers, increasing public connection to the food value chain and bridging the gap between Ontarians and farmers. CBC Radio’s Terry O’Reilly (“Under the Influence”) will be the keynote speaker!
- Save the date! On Wednesday, February 16, 2022, Harvest Hastings will be a proud regional host Selling Food to Ontario: a half-day of workshops organized by OMAFRA. More details to come!
Virtual Learning Opportunities
- Solutions for Food and Farming Futures: Mark your calendar for this great online learning opportunity on November 17 by the Fair Finance Fund!
- Cultivating Common Ground: Early bird registration is now open for this virtual conference by the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario that runs from November 29 to December 2. This year’s theme “reflects EFAO’s efforts over the past year to broaden the network of farmers and organizations we work with, and to bring equity and diversity to EFAO as an organization, membership, and community.”